The effort wheel rotating at a constant, steady speed forces the animal to run, which imposes the race and made him make an effort.
Modelling intense sports practice in rodents for the study of effort, research on muscle fatigue, stress study, modeling of walking and sports activities, efforts consequences. The speed and time are adjustable according to the research protocol.
The effort wheel rotating at a constant, steady speed forces the animal to run, which imposes the race and made him make an effort. We can then deduce the motivation / desire of the animal to run, by testing several individuals.
The wheel can also be left free to measure its spontaneous activity, in real time (number of laps and speed) and raise his ability to race and motivation to exercise.
Model available for mice.
The software records the rotations and provides an assessment of the activity of the animal in real time or delayed, depending on the desired sample no.
Data collected in an excel file are:
- Number of laps as the programmed speed
- Average speed of the wheel
- Power supplied to the motor index (average and maximum indices)
- Direction of rotation (clockwise and counterclockwise).
The mouse wheel force is composed of a base, a wheel and a control unit for regulating the wheel as well as the communication with a PC.
- Speed: 0 to 40 revolutions / minute
- Rotation direction (clockwise, anticlockwise)
- Ramp up and down the programmable speed
- Dimensions: 30 x 19 x 35 ((LxWxH cm)
- Corridor width: 5 cm
- Wheel diameter: 30 cm
- Ramp up and ramp down of the speed is programmable
- The number of revolutions counted
- Power suupply: battery charger CE
- Battery: block EC standard 5 V standard
- USB connection
- Compatible Windows® 10.
- Programming the speed, direction and time of action of the wheel.
- Real-time visualization.
- Recording the animal's activity to a file.
|A-1808-00069||Effort wheel for mice|